Sep 24, 2007

NYC Follow-up

Hello everyone...yes, I am in fact on this trip too. Caleb's very thorough wrap up of our time in NY leaves me with just a few small additions:

The June Collection

I was in Argentina when June emailed with the news that she was going to be going out on her own and starting her own line. I couldn't have been more thrilled to hear the news. I knew it was her passion and I knew she was incredibly talented. Needless to say about 2 years later she is making it happen. One of the highlights of our time in New York was finally seeing her creations and the home base for the business that she is building. If you are ever in Rye or live near Rye and need something unique and classy to wear for a special occasion - I would definitely suggest that you look her up. Her fall collection will be online soon at www.thejunecollection.com. Juney and I at her store:





Parking

I used to frequent NYC and the upper east side quite often. Although, until this visit I hadn't been to NYC in about two years. I can't even begin to tell you how much more difficult it is to find parking than I ever remember. This change caused us a great deal of stress on Saturday a.m. as Caleb mentioned. The only thing that would cheer him up after 1.5 hours of unsuccessful searching...a slice of NY pizza:






Girls Night

While Caleb was eating chimichanga's with Brett in Brooklyn. I was dining on an outdoor garden patio at a little wine bar on the upper east side called Uva. We had a delicious dinner - the highlights of which were of course, the company (June and Catherine) followed by the glasses of sparkling rose that we enjoyed with a three cheese plate (that was for you J-Ball). Unfortunately, Meghan was supposed to join us as well but was really sick with the flu. To round up dinner Mike (June's boyfriend) stopped by for a quick hello followed by a quick goodbye and then Catherine and I were off to meet everyone at La Luna where I FINALLY got to meet Teri Ann's fiance, Paul - who is a real gem.

Last note on NY - I was able to fit in a yoga class! My first one since recovering from my illness. It was fabulous. Hoping to do some more as we continue across the country.

1 comment:

JBALL said...

Hey guys - steph and i are really enjoying reading your blog. everything sounds great so far. i do appreciate the shout out about the cheese plate. safe travels.